Thursday, November 22, 2018

[Get Grateful - Day 7 of 7]: Gratitude Writing Challenge - Putting it Into Practice

Thanksgiving dinner is over, the dishwasher is running.  I published the day four post that I apparently saved as a draft instead of posting.  So now onto day 7 (the final day of this 7 day challenge)

Writing Prompt #7: Flood Yourself

Set a timer for 2-3 minutes, and flood yourself with gratitude. Write down what comes to mind and keep going until the timer is up, or for as long as you'd like…

Here’s one of my favorite passages to get some inspiration... :)

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times, during those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary because it means you’ve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things. But a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

~ Author Unknown ~


Let yourself flow…


I am thankful for taking this seven day challenge.  It has made me realize that even though I feel down at times, my life is pretty good overall

I am thankful that I was asked to work a side gig as the local Catholic grade school cafeteria cashier  [Catholic guilt is an amazing thing ;) ].  The daily smiles of the kids is a great pick me up.  And it has helped me get into a daily habit and getting up and being organized.

I am thankful that my "real" job is flexible and allows me to work at my side gig.

I am thankful that my dad made me learn how to solve problems.  He made my crazy when I was a kid and wouldn't just tell me how to do things - he made me understand why  something worked the way it did.  He's been gone for over a year but I still use his lessons almost daily.

I am thankful that my mom is still here for advice.

I am thankful that my children still have three grandparents nearby.

I am thankful for the daily trips to/from school with my sons.  It's a few minutes of undivided attention and I get to hear the daily funny stories and bad jokes.

I am thankful my daughter has adjusted to commuter college life and her first job.

I am thankful that a warm house with reliable electric and internet service.

I am thankful for a refrigerator and pantry with food.

I am thankful for a sweet and qualified periodontist who did an excellent job putting in my implant post yesterday.  My recovery is going well and I was able to enjoy dinner today.

I am thankful for a loving husband who will watch movies with me.

I am thankful for healthy children. 

I am thankful for every morning that I wake up.



No comments: