Thursday, November 22, 2018

[Get Grateful - Day 4 of 7]: Gratitude Writing Challenge - What Might you be Missing?

Writing Prompt #4: Celebrate the small things that happen without you having to ask them to... 
  • What happens in your life without you having to think about it? The sun rises and sets, your eyes blink, you heart beats, you can hear the sound of your alarm, you can go for a walk.
  • What did your husband, brother, child, etc. do today without you having to ask? They made lunch or dinner, they picked up the kids, they paid the bills, they called.
  • What were you thanked for today or recently? Someone appreciated you, it’s time to appreciate yourself!
  • What did not exist 10, 20, 50 years ago that is a regular part of your daily life now? Healthy easily accessible food, the TV, the iPhone, being able to fly almost anywhere in the world, apps that help us learn and grow.
  • What is comfortable about this moment? Your clothes, you chair, your bed.

Bonus Best Practice: A little appreciation goes a long way so take a moment to thank someone or something that you listed above. Tell your partner that you appreciate them taking the trash out. Send a note or text to your house cleaner and tell them how happy it makes you that he/she does such a thorough job. Send an email to a company whose services you appreciate. The sharing of appreciation only breeds more appreciation so put your gratitude out there!


💁 Life happens without me thinking about it.  The sun rises and sets, the world spins, I breathe, my heart beats, I wake up in a warm house with food to eat, water for showering, clothes to wear.  I have a reliable car to drive my children to school.  I have the health to drive them and get around.

💁 My children got themselves ready for school (after the mom alarm clock ;) ).  

💁 I was thanked for returning the lunch money envelopes to classrooms.  I was thanked for a ride home from school.

💁 The biggest change in my lifetime is cell phones and internet.  I can contact anyone and search for answers anywhere I go.

💁  The most comfortable thing about this moment is I am sitting in my warm house with well fitting, comfortable clothes sitting in my recliner typing on my laptop while watching a tv show.


No comments: