Saturday, November 17, 2018

[Get Grateful - Day 1 of 7]: Gratitude Writing Challenge - Starting Small


Writing Prompt #1: What did you do today (or yesterday if writing in the morning) that you felt good or you enjoyed?

Listened to a great song, played with your kids, met a friend for lunch, walked the dogs, read a nice email, watched a funny video, etc.

Walk yourself through the past 24 hours in detail and make a note of the activity you were doing (Talked to Mom) and the feeling you were feeling (Love, Connection, Laughter) anytime you were feeling anything good.

Simple enough, right?!

Have fun revisiting your day, recognizing the good times and writing them down.


It's been long week where I haven't really felt like doing much but every day I've gotten up and driven the boys to school  (full disclosure, they did have a 2 hour delay on Thursday due to weather) and gotten myself to my side gig as the cafeteria cashier.  So this post is a day late.  This should have been yesterday's post.

On Friday, what made me feel good was the smiling faces greeting me in the cafeteria line.  And knowing that the week was over (mostly).  My slacker attitude during the week means I need to spend a few hours on Saturday getting work done for my real job.  I also enjoyed a grownup dinner with my husband and daughter after dropping off the boys for their Scout planning weekend trip.






No comments: