Thursday, September 25, 2014

What really makes me angry about the world

Today's topic is a writing prompt suggested by Scott Dinsmore of liveyourlegend.  I have been reading his emails for a few months and trying to decide if I am going to jump in with both feet.  So far, I haven't made the commitment.  Some days I like what he says, other days, not so much. His current challenge is a 7 day blog challenge which matched up with my need to express my opinion to the universe yet aimed at no one in particular.

So what really makes me angry about the world?  I suspect a lot of people would say the current wars and civil unrest.  While these things don't make me happy, they are not the things that make me really angry.  What makes me really angry is the attitude I see all around me.

It feels as though the prevalent attitude is "what is in this for me?"

Put out a notice for volunteers for weeks before an event.  Very few responses.  People show up at the event and when they see you running around working hard, they comment "I would have helped if you had asked me".  Huh?  What do you think those four notices in email begging for volunteers was?

...

It seems like I have more to say on this topic but my thoughts are all jumbled and it is going to have to wait until some other day.

No comments: